For exploiting the opportunity you have to understand your potential. Therefore once the market has been researched and analyzed, it is very essential to have the sales or revenue model to chart the potential for the product, as well as the business, over a set period of time.
Your sales concept describes in detail the complete sales process, names the distribution channels you have planned and takes into
account the costs which will be incurred. Show how you see the structure of your sales developing. Explain the requirements for the
number, qualifications and motivation of your sales staff.
Write your sales plan in the following manner:
Define the goals and objectives of your sales plan
- Define your customer and why, how, and what do they buy
- Define the unique proposition that you are going to sale to your customer
- Define the competitive advantage that your product/service has over the competition
- Define the channels through which you will reach out to the customer – distributors, franchisee, retailers, etc
- Define your selling process. Provide details on how you will maximize the lead to conversion ration
- Define your strategy on setting sales target, monitoring and building accountability for sales performance
- Provide key sales financials including product, timeline, units, revenue, selling cost, and margin
- Which distribution channels are you going to use for the different target groups?
- Which sales volumes do you want to achieve? How are sales and profits spread out according to the individual
- What expectations do you have for your sales e.g. with regard to number, qualifications and equipping of sales staff?
- What terms of payment and how much discount will you offer?
- What is your service, advice and maintenance service like?
Make a copy using Google Docs-> File->Make a copy option.
Look into the future and see that your planned company growth is achievable
Investigate whether a partner can take your product or service into their portfolio and advertise it for you
- Describe how you can achieve the price that you have decided on at the customer – think about prize reductions, explain payment options including discounts, explain the initial orders and the maintenance orders that might follow, etc.